In this blog, we will show you the Steps to Add an EC2 Windows Instance in AWS SSM.
ENVIRONMENT OVERVIEW FOR SSM CONFIGURATION
- For demo purposes, we created a windows 2012 R2 EC2 instance under the Mumbai region.
CREATING IAM ROLE FOR EC2 SSM
- Go to the services page and search for the IAM service.
- Click on Roles option and create a new role.
- Select the EC2 Service and click Next.
- Search for AmazonEC2RoleforSSM and select it. Then click Next.
- In the review page, provide the role name and description and click on create the role.
- The role created successfully.
ASSIGNING THE ROLES TO EC2 INSTANCES
- Go to the services page and access EC2 service.
- Right click on EC2 instance and go to instance settings and click on Attach/Replace IAM role.
- Select the newly created role from the drop-down list and click the Apply button.
- Go to AWS services and search for systems manager.
Note: By default, it will take upto 5 minutes to display your machine in Systems Manager.
- Click on Managed Instances under Instances & Nodes. You will able to see your EC2 machine on the list.
Thanks for reading this blog. We hope it was useful for you to know about the steps to Add an EC2 Windows Instance in AWS SSM.