Steps to Backup Azure VM
In this blog, we will show you the steps to Backup Azure VM using the Azure portal.
- Azure VM
- Azure Subscription
CREATING BACKUP VAULT
- Login to azure portal URL https://portal .azure.com using your subscription.
- Click on More services link from the menu bar and type recovery services vault in the search box.
- From the Recovery Services vaults blade, click on Add button.
- Provide the details like name, subscription, resource group and location. Then click on create button.
CONFIGURING BACKUP VAULT
- Once the initial setup is completed, click on the vault name.
- Click on the Backup link.
- Select Azure and Virtual machine as the backup goal and click on the Backup button.
- Under the backup policy, we selected the default policy and click on OK.
- Select the virtual machines to be back up and click on OK.
- Click the Enable Backup button.
- It will take few minutes to complete the task.
VERIFY THE BACKUP PROCESS
- From the properties of the vault, click on Backup items link.
- Click on Azure Virtual Machine
- You can able to see the initial backup in pending state.
- To take an ad-hoc backup click on the VM name.
- Select the Backup now option.
- Provide the retention date for this backup and click on the backup button.
- Select the jobs link from the backup properties to view the backup job details.
- Click on Backup Jobs link.
- Select the in-progress task from the job list.
- You can view the current status of the backup.
- It will take several minutes to complete the task.
- Backup item will show the one restore point for the selected VM now.
Thanks for reading this blog. We hope it was useful for you to learn about the backup progress in Microsoft Azure.