In this blog, we will show you the steps to create a new instance in Alibaba Cloud Environment.
- Minimum free tier subscription with Alibaba cloud.
Note: Please follow this URL https://www.alibabacloud.com/getting-started/projects/alibaba-cloud-new-user-free-trial to create a free trial with Alibaba cloud.
- Open the web browser and access the Alibaba cloud URL www.alibabacloud.com
- Click on the Log In link.
- Provide your login credentials and select Sign In.
- Once we logged into the portal, click on the console option.
- Click on the button to expand the products list. Now select the Elastic Computing Service under Elastic Computing Section.
- Click on the Instances link.
- Make sure that you have selected the correct region on the top left-hand corner before creating the instance. Then click on the create instance button.
- Select the Billing method and region as per your need. For this demo, we select the PayAsYouGo method and Region as Asia Pacific SOU 1 (Mumbai) Zone A.
- For demo purpose, we select 2vCPU and 2 GB RAM from the drop-down list.
- Then select the corresponding instance checkbox.
- Select the number of instances to create using this configuration. For demo purpose, we specified 1 unit.
- Under the Image section, select the required image for your instance. We select windows 2012 R2 Datacenter Edition. More information about ECS computing, please check this URL: https://www.assistanz.com/ecs-storage-in-alibaba-cloud/
- You can specify the OS disk size also we can add the data disk for your instance.
- Click Next for Networking
- We can create a new VPC on the fly while creating the instance else you can create separately. For more information, please check this URL: https://www.assistanz.com/steps-to-create-new-vpc-in-alibaba-cloud/
- We can assign public IP for your instance by clicking on Assign Public IP checkbox. Also, we can assign an EIP (Elastic IP) for your instance. Please check this URL: https://www.assistanz.com/steps-to-create-eip-elastic-ip-in-alibaba-cloud/
- Also, we can set the bandwidth usage for your instance using the given slide bar.
- The default network security group allows to ICMP, RDP & SSH ports. We can also create a new NSG rule for your instances. More information: https://www.assistanz.com/steps-to-create-a-new-network-security-group-in-alibaba-cloud/
- Click next for the system configuration window.
- Set the password for your administrator account.
- Provide the instance and hostname.
- Click Next for Grouping.
- Provide a tag for your instance and click preview.
- Preview all your selected settings and accept the service level agreement. Then click on the Create Instance button.
- A new window will popup with below message. Click on console button.
- After a few minutes, your instance will be in the running state.
- You can able to access the server through RDP using the Internet IP address.
Thanks for reading this blog. We hope it was useful for you to learn about creating an instance in Alibaba cloud environment.